Zwift is one of the most popular online virtual training apps for running and cycling. Using structured workouts or group rides with friends to help you achieve your goal of becoming a faster cyclist or runner. What is probably not known to most parents is you can get your child a Zwift account for FREE.
If your child is under the age of 16 they can have a FREE Zwift account until they are 16 year old. After they turn 16 you’ll have to pay the regular monthly membership.
There are of course a few conditions for FREE membership to such a great training product as Zwift.
- Your child must be at least 5 years old
- Your child must also be under the age of 16
- To comply with the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act (COPPA) and GDPR, children under 16 can only use Zwift with the written consent of a parent of legal guardian.
- Finally you must submit a new request every 12 months to keep your child’s account active.
Get a FREE Zwift account for your child.
To get your child a FREE Zwift account all you need to to do is submit a request to Zwift. We have made this extra easy for you
If you require additinal help with submitting your request you can contact Zwift here.
Best practices for children using Zwift
We encourage you to monitor your childs activities on Zwift and promote the best internet practices to them.
Use the folowing to tips to help you keep them safe.
- Firstly create yourself a Zwift account, you don’t need a paid account as you will just be using this to monitor your child’s Zwift activity.
- Don’t include your child’s age in their username.
- Set your child’s profile to private, you can do this using the Zwift Companion app (directions are available here). If you don’t set your child’s account profile to private other users will be able to see their age, weight, height and in game activity. They will also be able to follow them without approval and receive notifications when your child is Zwifting.
- Ensure you are aware when your child is using Zwift, who they are riding with and if they are using the in-game chat feature who they are talking to.
- Show an interest in their activities, use the Zwift companion app to give them a thumbs up on their rides.